If you turn on your air conditioner and it won’t work at all, it’s an obvious sign that it’s likely time for a replacement. Other signs that air conditioning replacement may be due include:
- A system that is 15 years old or older
- Uneven cooling when the system is running
- Weak or warm air when the unit is running
- Sudden unexplained increase in cooling costs
- A system that cannot keep your home cool and comfortable
These can be signs that it’s time to replace your unit, but they can also be a sign that you need air conditioning repair services. That’s why you need a team you can trust to give you the right advice about air conditioner repairs or replacement. The experts at Capella can come to your home, inspect your system, and suggest the most cost-effective air conditioning solution, both for the short and the long term.
Commonly, people replace or install new air conditioning units because:
- They desire to make their home more energy efficient. Many people choose to replace their older air conditioning units because they are hoping to “go green” and increase efficiencies within a home. Whether you choose a high SEER unit or a ductless system, there are many ways that you can increase your effort to live sustainably.
- The unit is in constant need of repair. After a unit gets to a certain age, it begins to malfunction and create issues within the home. There comes a point where paying for repairs is not wise because the unit has lost its value and functionality. When your unit is constantly breaking, it may be time to search for a replacement.
- New units are chosen for new homes. When a new home or building is being constructed, it is important that trained technicians are able to create a framework that outlines the most efficient way for air to flow throughout the home. When you are beginning a construction project from ground zero, you are able to help determine the type of unit that will best fit your lifestyle.
- There are constantly new improvements being made to connected home systems. Many older units experience difficulty when they try to connect with smart home technology. With the advancements that have been made in connected products over the last five years, many people want to replace their former system to access the benefits of smart home solutions.
- Some air conditioning units are not the adequate size for maximum efficiency. A decade ago, it was commonly believed that bigger is better. Many people would invest in units that were simply too large for their home. Unproportional units can cause expensive energy bills. Thankfully, the market now recognizes that simple and concise compatibility is optimal and improves efficiencies.